So, I probably take way too many picture of him and his brothers but it's fun, and looking back at funny moments or goofy pictures just makes me smile.
So, I made a lion birthday cake for him while we were in Utah celebrating his birthday and other family birthdays. ( Note all the extra candles, they are for my brother to blow out for his b-day as well he was so thrilled! lol) Every year I try to make a fun cake for the boys. This year was a bit difficult because I had to make a cake without eggs. Finding a substitute was easy but I'll have to work on getting it just right. I substituted it with water and gelatin and it turned out ok, just a little more dense than normal. He sure enjoyed it though!

We took him to Pojos the day of his birthday where he got to ride on a carousel which he loved!
Then the day after his birthday we got a package from Grandma Hall in Washington and once we got it out of the first packaging, it was like he knew exactly what to do! He started tearing the paper off right away. He kept trying to figure out how to get into the box once the paper was off but couldn't get the tape off. He had some help and we opened the toys for him which he loved (Thank you).
It was a great 1st birthday! It's funny you may think that after your third child first birthdays wouldn't be so exciting, but it's just as exciting for Josh as it was for Tanner and Jordan. He just took his first step today and it's just as exciting! I love to watch him try to figure things out! It will never cease to amaze me watching my child learn to walk, talk, or try something new for the first time! It is pure joy!







6 comments:
What a cute cake! Way to go! By the way, is someone allergic to eggs?
Joshua is allergic to them yeah.
The cake is way cute! I would never have known to subsitute those things for eggs...now i know!
What a cute cake Jalynne! I have started making cakes for the kids' birthdays (it's fun to do), but none of mine have turned out as professional looking at yours. Good job!
Jalynne, I am so glad that you found me. Joel called and let me know that he gave you our blog address. That is just fine with me. Your boys are adorable!!!
hi jalynne i think your cake turned out really good.
Post a Comment