Tuesday, June 25, 2013

crazy life

It's 11:30 pm.  I should be in bed already.  But I'm not, nothing new I guess.  I haven't posted on here in forever, because I just don't like to take the time.  I could say it's because I am spending too much time enjoying my kids, getting housework done, reading a great book, etc.  But really, it's just because I hate logging in and taking the time to post.  But we've been doing a lot of teaching about family history (which I have done VERY little of) and I feel that one of the ways my family can learn about our life is through this blog.  I would love to eventually print this off into a book.  So I better get writing huh???

My family is growing...way too fast!  Tanner is 9, he loves science, math, playing outside with friends, running, and helping out with his younger siblings.  He broke his first bone this year, his arm up by his shoulder, crazy!  He is a busy boy for sure but such a great helper too. I'll be homeschooling him this year, our first year and I am excited about it!

Jordan is 7, extremely artistic, loves to draw, dance, sing, etc.  He is going through a ton this year, sleep study, testing to figure out why he isn't growing a lot, getting his tonsils out to  hopefully help with his sleeping.  He's broken 2 bones this year, hopefully no more!  He loves to play outside, ride bikes, jump on the tramp.  Our neighbor has a little dog that he absolutely loves.  He's very good at helping walk her dog and playing with her.  He has such a sweet heart most of the time.  He does have his moments but what kid doesn't?

Joshua is 5, and such a kind gentle little boy.  He starts kindergarten this year and can't wait!  He loves to play by himself and has a great imagination.  Him and his little sister fight often, but they also play so well together at times.  He is very into Toy Story and loves his "Woody" toy.  He loves to ride bikes , play on the trampoline, play with trains and cars, etc.  Such a happy kid almost all of the time.

Brianna is 2, almost 3 and oooh my she gives me a run for my money.  That girl is the sweetest, cutest thing ever but don't get on her bad side because she is a total spitfire!  She has learned that being the only girl often gets her what she wants (we are trying to break this).  She is sassy as can be, and when warned that if she doesn't do what we are asking she will get a time out her new response is "Fine" with a large amount of attitude in that.  Oh I love this girl, but she is busy body at it's finest.  If I pull out any kitchen appliance to bake or cook, she is right there pulling up a chair to help.  She loves to dress up and play princess, and she loves to get dirty with the boys too.  Lots of fun she is (even though I spend most of my days cleaning up her messes).

Colton will be 1 in August, can you believe it??  I can't!!!  He is crawling everywhere, loves to laugh and giggle at his brothers and sister.  He sucks on his pointer finger and has for a LONG time, it is the cutest thing ever, because it's not his thumb and it's always in his mouth.  But I have a feeling that it's going to be a difficult habit to break.  He loves to eat.  He is probably our best eater.  For a while when we first started him on solids it was a challenge, but when we realized he just didn't like baby food and wanted our food it became easy!  He loves to eat anything soft we eat.  His favorites are vegetables and beans, and raisins.  He also loves yogurt.  He has the most adorable laugh and smile because he has a dimple on one cheek.  Such a cute little guy and I can't wait to see what more of his personality is like! 

So there are the kids in a nutshell!  Ryan and I are often busy, his job and our callings keep us quite busy sometimes, but it has been neat to be serving where we are.  I'll post more about other exciting things going on in our lives later.  And updated pictures, but for now that's it!  I can't believe how fast my family is growing, it's crazy.  To think that Tanner is half way to being missionary age is so sad to met at times, I am so happy to be where I'm at in life and I love all the time I get to spend with my kids.  But if the last 9 years are any indication of how quickly the next 9 years will go it is way too fast!  Remember to just enjoy every moment! 



2 comments:

Jones Family said...

It is definitely worth it. I went back the other day and read in my blog about when I gave birth to kenna. Such sweet memories. Such a blessing that we are able to print these blogs into books. That right there should be my motivation but I have definitely been slacking. Its never too late :)

Crystal said...

I am so glad you are blogging again and for the update on your kids. I have wondering about that last one, I didn't know if it was a girl or boy or anything! Life definitely is passing way too quickly!