So, this first picture is the ruffle skirt I talked about in my previous post. I found the idea on pinterest, and then decided to wing it without using a tutorial or patterns. I like the way it turned out, and I love that Bri loves to wear it! Every time I finish making something new for her she gets SO excited to put it on!
After finishing the above skirt I really wanted to sew something else. So, I searched pinterest (something I actually don't do very often) and found skirts similar to the one above. Again, I hate to print out patterns, or us tutorials if I don't have to, so I took the general idea and tried to make it my own. I LOVE this skirt. And I love that pinterest has so many ideas for me to be inspired by. I love the fabric, the style, etc. Everything about it. The above picture is the bow tied in front, it's just barely long enough to wrap around from the back and tie in the front.
This is the back of the skirt with the bow tied in back.
Here's the front without the bow tied in front. It is a high-waisted skirt. And I think it turned out really cute. I am liking this sewing kick I've been on, now if only I could have unlimited funds to try all kinds of new projects! haha oh well. My goal is to try to start AND finish one sewing project a month. We'll see if I can do that!
Don't mind her mis-matched outfit, I just wanted to quickly try it on Bri to see if it fit. It's a little bit big, and a little long, but that is good because she just keeps growing!!! She LOVED it too, and that is always a plus! :-)







1 comment:
SO CUTE!!! You make me want to go start actually doing some of the things I have pinned on pinterest.
Post a Comment