I recently invested in a sewing maching. I have been wanting one for quite some time, and finding out that we were having a girl gave me all the motivation to get crafty and get a sewing machine so I could be crafty.
So, immediately I picked out some fabric with the boys Jordan helped pick out the cherry fabric and I went to my closet to pick out a dress we had already bought for this baby and I decided I would try and copy it somewhat to make a dress without a pattern. My first project with my sewing machine was the cherry dress complete with a headband and bloomers, I love it!
I also had a bunch of fabric that I had originally bought to make receiving blankets but decided I had enough blankets and would use them another way. So the dress next to the cherry one was my second dress. Then I found an old pair of jeans I didn't wear and made this skirt with patches of fabric that I too had bought for a blanket. I thought it was so cute but wanted to make a shirt to match so this is what I came up with. The last project I've done are these pants, that I'm not too thrilled about, but hey my first attempt at pants without a pattern wasn't too bad. I'm not sure if I like the fabric on the bottom or not yet. But I am having so much fun with my new sewing machine!
Last but not least, we've been working on her bedroom. The border goes all the way around the room, and then we decided one wall we would put up her name (as soon as we decide what it's going to be) on another wall some shelves, another wall pictures, and this wall we would paint to match the bedding. It's not finished but it's getting there! This has been fun too, just time consuming! I'm getting to the point in my pregnancy where I can't be doing much unless I want to bring on labor a month early (which I don't). So, I may have to wait till she's born to finish this painting but I'm glad I've gotten this much done so far!!







1 comment:
Way cute stuff!! We'll have to do a craft night or something sometime!
Post a Comment