Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh Jordan

My Jordan. I absolutely adore him and he is the most sensitive and caring of my boys. But let me tell you, somedays I wonder if he will ever grow out of this phase. This phase he has been in since he was so little. In his own words "I want to be wonderful mommy." And if you don't get it right it's "no mommy! I want it like a dream come true, it's not like a dream come true." Sometimes while having a tantrum he is telling us this. Bawling until it is just right. He has a switch though because the second you figure it out he gets this look of pure joy on his face.
In the first pic. he is talking on his "mermaid" phone, to mermaid. And the shirt on his head yeah that is his "mermaid hair" The yellow shirt is his "mermaid tail. He comes up with all of this on his own mind you. Very smart little boy.
Here he is with a different shirt on a different day trying to be just like mermaid. He will find any shirt he can and put it on his head and it is his "mermaid hair" He tells us "look mommy I wonderful!" I think it would be safe to say this is a daily occurance, him wearing his "mermaid hair."
Here again with his FAVORITE sweater. I'm sure you could guess it is because it is red just like mermaids hair. He has a couple of mermaid dolls as well. However feeling a bit like he is getting too big to be playing ONLY with mermaids his mermaid swam back to the ocean because she missed her family. Occasionally he asks if she can come back to visit but for now she doesn't want to leave her family in the ocean. Maybe it is because mermaid left he has decided he needs to BE mermaid. I don't know but it is pretty cute, and very funny sometimes! Although at other times very frustrating. My Jordan can totally lose it if his mermaid look is not completely perfect. I do love this little boy though that is for sure!

Just a side note this was the view from our front porch this afternoon! It was wonderful to have rain for a change, and the rainbow was a full rainbow. Unfortunately my camera couldn't get the whole rainbow very well. It was absolutely gorgeous though!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

that's really funny! I haven't heard of a kid in a mermaid stage but I guess anything is possible. He is so creative to with his costumes!

Alethia said...

i know about that one when your realated you would have to be blind not to see it well home you guys are living good thanks for the funny pics.

Alethia said...

i mean hope*