Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009


So, Halloween week started with me helping out in Tanner's halloween party at school. I walked in the classroom to see this. He was being wrapped up like a mummy and was having a blast! So cute!



Later in the week, we had some friends over to carve our pumkin with us. The kids had mixed feelings about helping to get the "stuff" out of it, but were so excited when it was all finished!




All week, I had been working on these costumes, only to find out Friday that Tanner and Jordan both have strep. So, we couldn't go out for long but they insisted on going out, and since they had both been on antibiotics for 24 hours we figured it would be ok for a short bit. Tanner has been wanting to be a train for three halloween's now, and I never liked the ones in the stores. So, I decided to make my own this year, and they LOVED them! Tanner was James, and Jordan was Thomas. Josh was sir Topham Hatt. I think they are the cutest train engineers and conductor ever!
Making their costumes was a lot more work than I had anticipated but they turned out cute, and saved us a lot of money! Only about $20-25 to make all three costumes. Lots of cardboard, paper plates and cups, butcher paper, felt, cotton balls, and spray paint.
Ryan and I both agree that this has been one of the best Halloween's since being married. Even though the kids were sick, they felt great and absolutely loved their costumes! Josh didn't even try to take the hat off, now that is an accomplishment in and of itself!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I had no idea that you were so creative! They look like you bought them! I am sorry that I haven't e-mailed you yet. I am going to make a goal of it today!

Crystal said...

So I was going through my old comments and I can't find the one where you left me your e-mail so here is mine. thegirlinspain@gmail.com. Send me your info. I am lame for loosing it I know.

Melissa said...

Those costumes are really cute! Good job!

dangjena said...

JALYNNE! Those costumes look expensive...not homemade! I'm super impressed...